CB-NSG Membership Information
The Challenging Behaviour – National Strategy Group (CB-NSG) was formed by the Challenging Behaviour Foundation in 2008.
There are two types of membership:
- Associate members receive information from the group circulated by email
- Associate members can input to the work of the group via telephone, post, email and the CBF website.
- Associate members will agree to sign up to the CB-NSG Charter
- Associate membership is welcome to all. No application is required.
To join the CB-NSG as an associate member e-mail: email@example.com or Tel: 01634 838739 with your request to become an associate member (application form not required).
- Core members are representative of all key stakeholders. Membership is restricted to keep the group to a manageable size whilst ensuring key stakeholders from across the UK are engaged with the group.
- Core members are active and committed to the work of the CB-NSG, they attend 2 national meetings a year and contribute to the work of the group via e-mail in between meetings
- Core members who are unable to attend meetings are expected to nominate an appropriate deputy to attend on their behalf, where possible (the deputy will revert to associate membership after the meeting).
- Core members develop work plans, contribute to delivery and have capacity (and if applicable) support from line management/organisation.
- A completed application form is required
- Core members disseminate information to their networks and contacts
To see a full list of core members, click here.
Please note that due to a large number of applications from provider organisations a review of all provider members was carried out following which all providers were given the opportunity to apply for a place. Details of this were circulated to our networks and placed on our website. In October 2016 three umbrella organisations and two individual providers were offered places as core members on a fixed 2 year basis. Organisations that are not service providers, and individuals e.g. family carers, are welcome to apply at any time. Applications for provider membership will be open in September 2018.
Application process for new core members
1. Any person nominated by a core CB-NSG member or any person who nominates themselves to join as a core member will be asked to complete a membership application form. To download an application form click here.
2. The form should be returned to:
Post: Challenging Behaviour – National Strategy Group (CB-NSG), Challenging Behaviour Foundation, The Old Courthouse, New Road Avenue, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6BE.
3. Once an application has been received it will be held by the Challenging Behaviour Foundation until the next steering group meeting.
4. The Steering Group will review the application and current CB-NSG membership. They may also contact other members of the National Strategy Group who share a similar background in order to reach a decision.
5. The applicant will be informed of the decision as soon as possible after the meeting.
6. If the application is turned down, the applicant will be offered the opportunity to be an associate member and be provided with contact details of a core member who shares their area of expertise.
7. The steering group reserves the right to invite people, including existing associate members, who they feel will fill gaps in experience or expertise which will benefit the National Strategy Group.
8. The membership process will be reviewed as necessary.