The Challenging Behaviour Foundation is a forward-thinking national charity (based in Kent) that makes a difference to people’s lives and has a reputation for driving change at an individual, local and national level. Read details about the latest vacancies at the CBF here.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 30th August
Interview dates: Friday 9th September (please note this will be by in person at our office in Chatham and include a task)
Start date: Monday 12th September 2022
Based at: The Challenging Behaviour Foundation office, Chatham, Kent (5 min walk from train station)
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of family carers who have a relative with severe learning disabilities and behaviour described as challenging?
- Do you want to influence policy and practice at a strategic level?
- Do you have the ability to present information in ways that are engaging and relevant?
Our internship programme
This is an exciting opportunity, ideal for recent graduates wishing to gain experience within a small national charity with a reputation for excellence.
Now in its 12th year, our internship programme is well established and structured to provide you with valuable experience in Policy and Research. This is an excellent stepping stone into a career within the learning disability field and/or the voluntary or public sector and gives insight into the experience of family carers.
The postholders will gain valuable experience in learning disability policy and practice, researching and presenting information and working with a range of professionals in the field.
Previous CBF interns have gone on to:
- Policy and communications roles in the voluntary and public sector
- Practitioner roles such as: social work, learning disability and mental health nursing and special needs teaching
- Further study at Masters and PhD level in related fields
To apply, download the following:
- Policy Projects and Information Internship Job Description
- Policy Projects and Information Internship Personal Specification
- Policy, Projects and Information Internship Person Specification Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Statement
How to Apply:
Return the application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Challenging Behaviour Foundation, New Road Avenue, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6BE
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
These posts will be based at the Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) office in Chatham. There are good transport links, and we are within easy walking distance of the bus and train stations. We will be working within the Government Covid-19 guidelines.
These are fixed one year posts.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: National Minimum/Living Wage
Holidays: 25 days Annual Holiday plus Bank Holidays
All roles require a Basic Disclosure Check
We’re looking for volunteers who want something rewarding to do in their spare time. We are currently recruiting Local Champion volunteers! Read about our volunteers and how they support the CBF.
A brief introduction to how the CBF provides help for people with severe learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges, with useful links to other parts of the website.