Read the Challenging Behaviour Foundation's Newsletter 'Challenge'.
- Hours: 37.5 hours a week
- Contract: Fixed Term – 1 year post
- Salary: £23K – £24K depending on experience
About the role
The Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) is a forward-thinking national charity that makes a real difference to people’s lives and has a reputation for driving change at an individual, local and national level. We have an exciting opportunity to join our small and dedicated team as a Family Support Caseworker (37.5 hours a week, 1 year fixed term post).
- Are you passionate about the rights of people with learning disabilities?
- Do you want to support and empower families who are often facing complex issues?
- Can you advocate for the best outcomes for children, young people and adults with severe learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges?
The Family Support Caseworker will offer casework support to family carers by telephone and email, providing information and guidance about challenging behaviour associated with severe learning disabilities including: human rights, communication, accessing services, safeguarding and other related topics. A particular focus of this role will be casework with families of children and adults in inpatient services (ATUs).
- Closing date: 9am 19th November 2021
- Interview: 25th November 2021
- Start date: Asap
How to apply
We recommend that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “FSC vacancy” with any questions and to arrange an informal chat about the role.
To apply, download the following:
For more information telephone 01634 838739 or email: email@example.com
Return the application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Challenging Behaviour Foundation, c/o The Old Courthouse, New Road Avenue, Chatham, Kent ME4 6BE
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted. A basic disclosure is required for this role along with proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
- Clinical supervision is provided as well as ongoing learning and professional development.
- Salary is dependent on knowledge and experience.
- This post will be based at our office in Chatham, with the potential to work some days from home on completion of a probationary period (usually 3 months). Please contact us if you have any questions.
- If you have not received an invitation to interview by 22nd November, then unfortunately your application will not have been shortlisted on this occasion.
Today, the CBF has launched its brand new private Facebook group. Find out more about ‘The CBF Family Forum’ here, including how to sign up.