Yorkshire and Humber
If you are planning a fundraising event for the CBF, or know of an upcoming free event for family carers, please get in touch and let us know.
Please note that the inclusion of family carer events run by other organisations in this list does not constitute a recommendation from the CBF.
Local champions are family carers who volunteer for the CBF, representing us at events and conferences and sharing our information and resources. Some local champions are also happy to run discussion groups and give talks.
To find out more about what our local champions do, please have a look at the volunteering page or download our Book a Local Champion flyer. If you would like to book a local champion to come along to your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kathy Spinney - Wakefield
North Lincolnshire Council
Intensive Support Team for Complex/Behavioural Needs / Learning Disability Team:
- Age: Primarily adults, however their work is focused on a ‘Prevention’ model (starting early). If referred from psychologists, they may work with 14 years +
- Location: Whole of North Lincolnshire
- Eligibility: Focuses on assessment and intervention with individuals with a learning disability (not learning ‘difficulties’)
- Referral system: Referral from families is possible, however referral normally comes from GPs or other professionals
- Contact: 01724 298 222
Leeds Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Severe Challenging Behaviour Service:
- Age: 18 +
- Location: Leeds
- Eligibility: Individuals must have a learning disability, and their behaviour may have caused harm to others. This team doesn’t provide practical treatments/interventions, it merely advises
- Referral system: Referrals can be made by families, carers or other professionals, however they must all go through the Community Learning Disability Service first
- Contact: 0113 305 5163
Click here to see our full list of Behaviour Support Teams in the UK.