If you are planning a fundraising event for the CBF, or know of an upcoming free event for family carers, please get in touch and let us know.
Please note that the inclusion of family carer events run by other organisations in this list does not constitute a recommendation from the CBF.
Local champions are family carers who volunteer for the CBF, representing us at events and conferences and sharing our information and resources. Some local champions are also happy to run discussion groups and give talks.
To find out more about what our local champions do, please have a look at the volunteering page or download our Book a Local Champion flyer. If you would like to book a local champion to come along to your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jen Fookes - Surrey
Debbie Altieri - Kent
Kate Farmer - Sussex
Kennedy Phale - Sussex
Ian Penfold - Hampshire
Balwinder Sandhu - Middlesex
Diana Richardson - Bucks
West Sussex County Council
Community Learning Disability Team - Challenging Behaviour (CLDT-CB):
- Age: 18 years + but also works with young people in transition
- Location: Based in Horsham but work with service-users living across West Sussex. Also works with people funded by West Sussex but living out of county, for example in reviewing placements.
- Eligibility: Must come under funding responsibility of West Sussex County Council. Must have a diagnosis of Learning Disability and engage in significantly impactful challenging behaviour
- Referral system: Via Community Learning Disability Teams
- Contact: 03302 223 666 or email@example.com (team manager) or firstname.lastname@example.org (duty desk)
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Community teams for people who have a learning disability (CTPLD):
- Age: 18 years +
- Location: Cover the whole of Surrey. There are individual CTPLD teams based in NW, SW, Mid and East Surrey
- Eligibility: IQ of 70 or below, linked with impairment in social functioning. Also need to be registered with a GP in their local area
- Referral system: Open referral system – including self-referral, referral from friends, families or GP
- Contact: email@example.com
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Positive Behaviour, Autism, Learning Disabilty and Mental Health Service
- Age: 0-19 years
- Location: County-wide Hertfordshire
- Eligibility: Diagnosis of Autism or Global Learning Disability
- Referral system: referral from a professional working with the family
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 891 151
Click here to see our full list of Behaviour Support Teams in the UK.