If you are planning a fundraising event for the CBF, or know of an upcoming free event for family carers, please get in touch and let us know.
Please note that the inclusion of family carer events run by other organisations in this list does not constitute a recommendation from the CBF.
Local champions are family carers who volunteer for the CBF, representing us at events and conferences and sharing our information and resources. Some local champions are also happy to run discussion groups and give talks.
To find out more about what our local champions do, please have a look at the volunteering page or download our Book a Local Champion flyer. If you would like to book a local champion to come along to your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vicky Clail - Bristol
Jan Seamer - North Somerset
Westbourne Unit, Plymouth Community Healthcare
Community Learning Disabilities Team:
- Age: Adults, beginning with those in transition (around 17/18 years old)
- Location: Plymouth mainly
- Eligibility: No criteria for disability – dependent on referrals
- Referral system: A referral unit is in place to allocate peple to appropriate team. Referrals to this unit based on an open referral system – including self-referral, referrals from friends, families or GP
- Contact: 0845 155 8077
Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust
Intensive Support Team:
- Age: 18+ years
- Location: Cornwall (county-wide)
- Eligibility: Must have a learning disability. (However, if no diagnosed learning disability, may be able to arrange assessments for diagnosis). Helps individuals with challenging behaviour
- Referral system: Anybody can refer – but referrals must go through Community Learning Disability Teams first
- Contact: 01872 221 555
- Contact for referral: East of County - 0120 883 4455, West of county - 0120 921 9251
Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust
The Swifts Children and Young People's Services:
- Age: 2-18 years
- Eligibility: Must have a learning disability and display behaviour that challenges
- Referral system: referral can be made by any professional supporting your child
- Contact: 01305 228 891
Gloucestershire NHS/County Council
Learning Disability Intensive Support Service:
- Age: All age groups (children and adults)
- Location: Across Gloucestershire county
- Eligibility: Need to be a Gloucestershire resident, registered with a Gloucestershire GP. Also, will need to have a diagnosis of a learning disability and complex health needs
- Referral system: Referrals need to be made through local Community Learning Disability Teams
- Contact: email@example.com
Click here to see our full list of Behaviour Support Teams in the UK.