Eastern Region and East Midlands
If you are planning a fundraising event for the CBF, or know of an upcoming free event for family carers, please get in touch and let us know.
Please note that the inclusion of family carer events run by other organisations in this list does not constitute a recommendation from the CBF.
Local champions are family carers who volunteer for the CBF, representing us at events and conferences and sharing our information and resources. Some local champions are also happy to run discussion groups and give talks.
To find out more about what our local champions do, please have a look at the volunteering page or download our Book a Local Champion flyer. If you would like to book a local champion to come along to your event, please email email@example.com.
Stephanie Chapman - Leicester
Wendy Wilson - Northampton
Derby Hospital, NHS Trust
Complex Behaviour Service
- Age: Up to 18 years
- Location: Derby
- Eligibility: Diagnosed learning disability and behaviour that is difficult to manage. May also have an additional diagnosis of ASD or ADHD
- Referral system: Referrals need to be made by a professional e.g. paediatrician, child psychologist, clinical psycholgist or specialist nurse
- Contact: 01332 254 700
Leicestershire Partnership Trust
Learning Disability Outreach Team
- Age: 18 years +
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Eligibility: Individual with a diagnosed learning disability and severe challenging behaviour that poses an ongoing risk to self/others
- Referral system: Open referral - can be made by anyone
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com