The Challenging Behaviour Foundation is a forward-thinking national charity (based in Kent) that makes a difference to people’s lives and has a reputation for driving change at an individual, local and national level. Read details about the latest vacancies at the CBF here.
- Hours: 37.5 hours a week – flexible working (part time and job share) will be considered
- Contract: Fixed Term – 10 months (maternity cover)
- Salary: £24K
- Location: Chatham, Kent – flexible working will be considered
About the role
The Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) is a forward-thinking national charity that makes a real difference to people’s lives and has a reputation for driving change at an individual, local and national level. We have an exciting opportunity to join our small and dedicated team as a Family Support Caseworker.
- Are you passionate about the rights of people with learning disabilities?
- Do you want to support and empower families who are often facing complex issues?
- Can you advocate for the best outcomes for children, young people and adults with severe learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges?
The Family Support Caseworker will offer casework support to family carers by telephone and email, providing information and guidance about challenging behaviour associated with severe learning disabilities including: human rights, communication, accessing services, safeguarding and other related topics. A particular focus of this role will be casework with families of children and adults in inpatient services (ATUs).
- Apply ASAP – applications will be shortlisted as they are received
- Interview to be arranged if successfully shortlisted
- Start date: ASAP
How to apply
We recommend that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “FSC vacancy” with any questions and to arrange an informal chat about the role.
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com outlining how you meet the skills and competencies in the job description and person specification.
For more information telephone 01634 838739 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A basic disclosure is required for this role along with standard employment checks
- Clinical supervision is provided as well as ongoing learning and professional development.
- If you have not received an invitation to interview within 2 weeks, then unfortunately your application will not have been shortlisted on this occasion.