The Challenging Behaviour Foundation is a forward-thinking national charity (based in Kent) that makes a difference to people’s lives and has a reputation for driving change at an individual, local and national level. Read details about the latest vacancies at the CBF here.
What we are offering
- 2 x Policy, projects, and information interns
- 1 x Research and policy (Positive Behavioural Support) intern
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of family carers who have a relative with severe learning disabilities and behaviour described as challenging?
- Do you want to influence policy and practice at a strategic level?
- Do you have the ability to present information in ways that are engaging and relevant?
This is an exciting opportunity, ideal for recent graduates wishing to gain experience within a small national charity with a reputation for excellence.
Now in its 11th year, our internship programme is well established and structured to provide you with valuable experience in Policy and Research. This is an excellent stepping stone into a career within the learning disability field and/or the voluntary or public sector and gives insight into the experience of family carers.
The postholders will gain valuable experience in learning disability policy and practice, researching and presenting information and working with a range of professionals in the field.
Previous CBF interns have gone on to:
- Policy and communications roles in the voluntary and public sector
- Practitioner roles such as: social work, learning disability and mental health nursing and special needs teaching
- Further study at Masters and PhD level in related fields
Closing date: 9am on Monday 21st June 2021
Interview dates: Tuesday 29th June or Thursday 1st July 2021 (please note this will be by video link and include an online task)
Start date: Monday 13th September 2021
How to apply
To apply – read or download the following:
Return the application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Challenging Behaviour Foundation
New Road Avenue
Kent ME4 6BE
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
All roles require a Basic Disclosure Check
These posts will be based at the Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) office in Chatham. There are good transport links, and we are within easy walking distance of the bus and train stations. We will be working within the Government Covid-19 guidelines.
These are fixed one year posts.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: National Minimum/Living Wage
Holidays: 25 days Annual Holiday plus Bank Holidays