If you are planning a fundraising event for the CBF, or know of an upcoming free event for family carers, please get in touch and let us know.
Please note that the inclusion of family carer events run by other organisations in this list does not constitute a recommendation from the CBF.
Local champions are family carers who volunteer for the CBF, representing us at events and conferences and sharing our information and resources. Some local champions are also happy to run discussion groups and give talks.
To find out more about what our local champions do, please have a look at the volunteering page or download our Book a Local Champion flyer. If you would like to book a local champion to come along to your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ify Akubue - North London
Tina Lawal - East London
Susa Sempa - East london
Chinyere Kejeh - South London
Lorna Walker Bryan - South London
Central and North-West London NHS Foundation Trust
Behavioural Support Service:
- Age: 18 years +
- Location: Brent/Harrow borough in London
- Eligibility: Must have a diagnosed learning disability with challenging behaviour
- Referral system: Referrals can be made from any source directly to the local Community Health Team or via the respective local authorities
- Contact: 020 8238 0900 or Audrey Mibhniewicz (Community Services Manager)
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
Camden Learning Disabilities Service:
- Age: 16 years +
- Location: Camden borough
- Eligibility: Must have a diagnosed learning disability
- Referral system: Open-referral system – including self-referral, referral from friends, families or GP
- Contact: 0207 9743 737
Click here to see our full list of Behaviour Support Teams in the UK.