Take Action: easy read version
We need you to take action to stop people with a learning disability being sent to institutions like Winterbourne View where they are risk of abuse and neglect.
- Email Care Services Minister, Norman Lamb to help stop another Winterbourne View.
- If you want to send an easy-read letter you can download one here, add your own comments, sign it and post it.
- If you are on Twitter please also join us in pressuring the Department of Health by tweeting '@DHgovuk Sentencing of #Winterbourne abusers is not enough. Gov must close all places like #Winterbourne & give ppl the right local support'.
- Send a copy of Out of sight to your MP.
- Ask your MP to call on the health minister to make sure the Government’s final report on Winterbourne View has a strong action plan in it.
- Visit your MP and hand them a copy of the report.
- Read an easy read information sheet about how you can get involved in the campaign.