CBF Summer events
CBF will be attending and speaking at a number of events this summer, just click on the event to find out more.
The CBF will have a stand or be speaking at the following events:
- CBF Family carer Sheila Morris will be speaking at a FREE conference on 6th July hosted by The North West Positive Behaviour Support Group, a support group for parents/carers of people who have learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge services. There will be speakers in the morning, two of whom will talk from a parent perspective and a choice of workshops in the afternoon. Over lunch time there will be a variety of stalls for parents to visit and a conversation wall to contribute and feedback to services.
To book a place or request more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Danielle on 01254 790 220
- CBF Family carer Ted Goodman will be speaking at a conference hosted by the National Autistic Society, “Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour” on 11th July 2012 in Liverpool - Presenting the latest research and best practice in understanding and responding to challenging behaviour in children and adults with autism http://www.autism.org.uk/conferences/behaviour2012
- Vivien Cooper (CBF founder and CEO) is speaking at:
The Royal Society of Medicine’s conference on the 19th September 2012:
‘Safeguarding and Protecting People with Intellectual Disabilities across Care Settings’
Vivien will be discussing - “Lessons learnt from Winterbourne” – Looking at what lessons have been learnt over a year on from the screening of the Panorama programme which exposed the shocking abuse of people with learning disabilities by staff at Winterbourne View, a privately owned hospital (assessment & treatment unit).
Please click here for more information.
The CBF are endorsing the following training events hosted by the Institute for Applied Behaviour Analysis (IABA)
“Positive Practices in Behavioural Support”
This is a 4-day training programme covering the following topics:
- The evidenced based IABA® Multi-element Model
- Comprehensive Functional Assessment
- Person-Centred Positive Behavioural Support
- Emergency Management and Reactive Strategies Within a Positive Practices Framework
- Assuring Staff Consistency and the Provision of Quality Service
Glasgow: 9th – 12th October 2012
Manchester: 15th – 18th October 2012
Newcastle-upon-Tyne: 23rd – 26th October 2012
London: 30th October – 2nd November 2012